Sunday, September 25, 2011

Muscular Anatomy: Vertebrae & Abdomen


Muscular Anatomy:  Vertebrae & Abdomen

I). Vertebral Column

Erector Spinae
Location
Function
O:  iliac crest and lumbar vertebrae
I:  cervical & thoracic vertebrae

bulletIliocostalis
bulletLongissimus
bulletSpinalis

muscles of the back
II). Muscles of the Internal Thorax: Breathing
A). Intercostals: external
Location

Function:



O rib above
I:  rib below
muscles of the internal thorax
B). Intercostals: internal
Location

Function:

O: rib below
I:  rib above
muscles of the internal thorax
C). Diaphragm
Location


Function
diapragm
III). Muscles of the Abdominal Wall
A). Rectus Abdominis
Location

Function


O:  pubic crest (arch)
I:  xiphoid process
muscles of the abdomin
B). External Oblique
Location

Function


O:  lower ribs
I:  linea alba & iliac crest
muscles of the abdominal wall
C). Internal Oblique
Location

Function


O:  lumbar & iliac crest
I:   pubic crest
muscles of the abdominal wall
D). Transverse Abdominis
Location

Function


O:  lumbar & ribs
I: linea alba
muscles of the abdomis
IV).  Muscles of the Pelvic Floor
A).  Pelvic Diaphragm
function
Pelvic Diaphragm
B).  Urogenital Diaphragm
function
urogenital diaprahm

0 comments:

Post a Comment